Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it has been a while

Once again I find myself in a coffee shop with little sleep and a hope in my heart. Elizabeth and I have resembled zombies for the past week because our kids are sick and so they wake up every few hours crying throughout the night. They slept through the night when they were babies so this is a new experience for us to enjoy.
However I did not start this blog for pity's sake no it has a purpose... and it will be revealed... right now!
I will be preaching at Bridge Community Church this Sunday in Redding. I am very excited to be there. I have not been there since they have committed support to us. Their Pastor, Joel asked me to fill in for him because he is going out of town and I was very happy to do so because I love getting a chance to guest speak at different places. Then something occurred to me... it has been five months since I have even lead a bible study. This should not be a problem writing sermons is like riding a bicycle, it is fun, you need to wear a helmet and you never forget how.
So back to why I am in a coffee shop with hope in my heart. I still have noy written the sermon for Sunday and I am hopful that God will let me know what I am preaching because I do not have a clue. Now Joel if you are reading this do not worry because it will spoil your trip.
I know what some of you are thinking, it is valentines day talk about love. Well valentines day was invented by people who sell cards, candy and flowers besides it has been Gabriella's Birthday for the past four years. So you see I now sit... wait... an idea... no... no... it is gone!

0 comments: