Friday, February 6, 2009

family affair

Today was another great day in beautiful Chico CA.
I was at my usual hangout Starbucks. I know, I know, I am not supposed to like it there but I do! I have met some great people there and had some good conversations.
I had a chance to follow up with a guy that I met a few days ago. He is not churched but he seems interested in checking us out. However this blog is not about me, not hardly this is about the family. I get a lot of people checking in with me and asking how it is going, the answer to that question changes every few moments. The person that is my hero today is Elizabeth.
Today, Elizabeth and the kids went to the library for story time. This happens twice a week and many moms in the community bring their kids. During story time today Elizabeth had a chance to meet another mom with children the same ages as our kids. Through the conversation she found out what we do and she said that she and her husband might be interested in helping. You can trust me it is hard to have any exchange of words with the kids around but just like that she made a connection, she is better at this that I am. You see my hero.
Please pray for us as the good work continues...

0 comments: