Friday, February 20, 2009

careful they will break you heart

I have been up here in Chico for about a month and I have experienced my first heartache. Now do not worry it does not involve my family, in fact they are incredibly awesome and understanding. No this is something that I have asked God for and did not realize how much it would hurt. I have prayed that God would give me his heart for the unchurched and now that all of this has happened pain has become apart of it. I want to clarify I am not feeling rejection but rather concern for the people that I am coming into contact with.
We are starting our Bible Study next month and so I have invited many people that I have met in the community. Two of them I had very high hopes because their openness to conversation. As you have guessed both of them have passed on coming. No big deal right, only it is really bothering me. Not out of concern for the launch team that we are building but our of concern for them. In the process of building relationships compassion has come walking in. I really worry about them and genuinely feel happy when I see them.
So in pastoral tone I lean back take a drink of my coffee and ponder what is God showing me? Well I would have to say... They matter! They matter to God so they matter to me, us, the church. What if we could care for everyone like this, not trying to get them into church but trying to get them to God.Try to get others to the person of Jesus because of what he has meant to us. This is not the cry of the evangelist it is the cry of the broken hearted. Jesus save us all.

0 comments: