Tuesday, May 19, 2009

two tragedies

All or nothing. That is the way you are forced to church plant. You have to go all in or walk away from the table. That often means living in a new place with little or no support. So you find yourself in much prayer and study to stay sane through the pain of life and ministry. The reality is that when you do all the right things pain still comes and for me yesterday it came in twos.
First... doing the right thing. There was a nice lady in my brother's church who asked me to visit her mom in a care center up here in Chico CA. I shared the good news with her about Jesus and how much God loves us. When I asked if she would like to pray, she said no, just no, no followed by silence.
Second... pain still comes. In the afternoon my mom called me to let me know that my younger cousin had taken her own life. She was 26 and obviously hurting. She also did not know about Jesus and the love of God.
Twice in one day I experienced lives opposed to Jesus and everything that is important to me.
This is not about me but rather about lives lost never knowing LOVE.
This is about the senselessness of not sharing our faith.
This is about wanting to see a new world but feeling it slip away.
This is about FAITH, HOPE and LOVE!

0 comments: