Tuesday, May 26, 2009

lesson from the past

Last night putting my children to sleep I learned a valuable lesson or more was reminded of a valuable truth. Occasionally I will read a passage from the Bible to my kids and last night I chose to read from a Bible that I got in 1986 from my parents when I became a Christian. I picked the passage to read based on what was book marked, underlined and highlighted (I no longer underline and highlight). The passage that I shared with them was Matthew 6:25-34 and more specifically the verse that hit me was:
Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
As I read this out loud a smile crept onto my face.
The truth of the verse hit me square in the heart. Planting a Church can be stressful at times and you feel a lot of pressure to do everything yourself. This verse helped me understand once again my role. My job is to be obedient, seek God and let him draw people to himself. God is the only one who can build the Church anything done under our power is a social club.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parabéns por seu blog! Deus abençoe. (Rev. Ronaldo Mendes- Barra do Garças-MT- BRASIL)- Your blog is very good! congratulations!

Jeremy Rhodes said...

Thank You Reverend