Wednesday, May 26, 2010

a kind word...

I have found out lately what a kind word can mean to a hurting person. The value of speaking and being a person of peace is amazing and so simple. It all starts with how you view people around you.
I recently was told by a young lady that one day while she was working she was having a rough day, everything was coming apart around her and she was in a fog. She said that the sound of my voice, the kindness in my demeanor and the gentle words of encouragement I gave her helped her out immensely. Nothing profound, nothing from my training just kindness. Although she saw me, I cannot help but think that the voice that she heard that brought peace was that of Jesus Christ. Sometimes Jesus works in and through us as we do the routine of our day. Sometimes the most gentle of words can change a person's day and that is of eternal value because every person has eternal value.

There is question here: How do you treat the people you encounter? How do you speak and act toward people who work at coffee houses and restaurants? Do you treat them with value? Do you treat them as if the bear the image of God? Or do you treat them as means to your end, a good customer experience?
The people of the Kingdom of God are not consumers but agents of healing and change. We MUST at all times live that way and then the littlest of things will be done in the name of Jesus Christ.

0 comments: