Sunday, May 30, 2010

5th Sunday Serve-a-clean-tastic

My wife told me that I need to think of a name for this part of our ministry. This is my working title...


Here I sit on a Sunday morning usually I would be finishing up work on the message, but this morning there is none. I think that this is harder for me than anyone else. I love to bring God's word every Sunday, it is my passion so a Sunday like this is hard for me in preparation. Why is there no message or music today? TODAY WE SERVE!

We as fusion take the 5th Sunday of the month and devote it to serving at the Boys and Girls Club (our regular meeting place). Why? Vision. This is one of the distinctives of our vision  and a passion of my heart.  Matthew 20:26 It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,  27 and whoever would be first among you must be your slave,  28 even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Most of all we serve in response to Jesus. We serve because he served. We desire to live like Jesus and live the call that God gave us in the moment he saved us. So this Sunday is the beginning of a significant piece of our Church. Why are we doing it on Sunday? Because is insures that this is a priority. This is our way of loving the place we meet at in a tangible way.


So here I sit thinking of what could be... will what we are doing change the world? I do not know. Will the Boys and Girls Club be clean? A part of it. Will Jesus be lifted up through our service? YES!


We gather to serve today. Should it be such a strange idea?

0 comments: