Tuesday, March 3, 2009

counting down

Thursday is fast approaching and with it our first Bible Study in Chico. If all goes to plan we will have a pretty good sized group. I must admit I am pretty excited! If it all goes to plan... huh... but... who wants it all to go to plan?!
I mean really what is so exciting about a plan. a+b=c HOW BORING!
Lets be honest here... Forget the plan! I want to see God show up in a big way. I want to see God sized things happen in the lives of the people coming and in the community life of our group. I want God to take a hammer to the plan and plant the church he desires. He will anyway I just want to go on record as being on board with that from the beginning.
My favorite Biblical character is Jonathan. You know besides my Savior Jesus Christ. Jonathan was such a great guy, he surrendered his place as king because it was God's will and he was risky. My favorite passage about Jonathan comes from 1 Samuel 14. This is the passage where Jonathan picks a fight with the Philistines and says it may be that the LORD will work for us. No certainty just risk. I wish more Christians would live this way. Lets try it maybe it will work. If the church would risk big everyday, lives would be changed and the gates of hell would be stormed and the captives set free. We have God on our side, it may be that the LORD will work for us. Oh by the way the LORD handed the battle to Jonathan.
So here I sit in Bidwell Perk with a smile on my face. What if God's spirit fell on this place right now...

0 comments: