Tuesday, August 12, 2008

InRoads

This past Sunday I was at InRoads Christian Church in Fremont CA. My family and I went to do some fund raising where it all began.
InRoads was the first full-time job I had after college I was the Assistant Pastor for about a year and a half. It was during my time at InRoads that God put a passion for church planting in my heart. It seemed natural that the first Church I would speak at would be in essence my home church. InRoads is so near and dear to my heart because I was an attender before I came on staff. I accualy was a volunteer in a couple of ministries. So I still really think of them with fond memories.
We had some time set aside to talk about the adventure that we have been on and to invite people to come to a reception to hear our vision. Also commitment cards and a flyer were availible at the church as well. Just a handful of people came to the reception but a large number of people just took cards with them. After the service a few people wanted to donate without hearing the vision at all. Paul, my sending agent at Sunergeo, told us that there are a few different types of supporters. People who will support the vision , people who will jump in after the church is up and running to partner once thay see some results and people who will just support you because they believe in you. We met all of those people this weekened and we are blessed by their generosity. Some give prayer, some give equipment and some give monetarily but they all give in service of God and that is the most important thing.

So thank you again to everyone who has committed support but more is needed so continue to lift us up in prayer.

Blessings!

1 comments:

AISTHANOMAI said...

I must say, I am very impressed with your growth as a follower of Christ. Your family must be very proud of you.