Saturday, August 9, 2008

blessed

I am blessed. I know how annoying. Another person blaming dumb luck on God's blessing, no really I am.
You see this time it doesn't make any sense outside of my mental break from reality.
On Sunday August 3rd I preached at a Church in Richmond CA. It was an urban rebirth project within the organization I am apart of Sunergeo. I came in to this church with my family, Josiah was in rare form trying to tear the place down and Gabriella floated in like the princess she is and will always be. I did not think that this morning would change me but it did.
I spoke on love but the message did not move me, the people did. There was not a lot of people, I have spoken to bigger crowds, it was just different.
There are things that cannot be explained. This was one of those times. I left feeling like God had blessed me. It was a feeling, not a moment or an experience, just a feeling that has been with me ever since. I am blessed, enjoying life, smiling as I write this entry. I do not worry about what comes next because God will supply my needs I just walk the road. If I mess up and fail, I start again. No shame, no anger because I am no longer my own. I have finally lost my mind. I am not cool, I am not collected but I have never had greater focus... focus is a powerful thing.

Some people at the church asked me what I am currently doing. Shared that I was a church planter. Most people when they find out they just say wow that is interesting (which means "you are crazy") or how does that work (which means "you are crazy"). The people here said that is quite an adventure (which means "you are crazy") but it is a better way of saying it.

0 comments: